Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No news is good news?!

So we just got a call from the Neurologist about Carson's MRI. His brain looks great!! No stroke, no neurological problems. He does have what is called, a Developmental Venous Anomaly (DVA) which is an abnormally large (or in Carson's case.. significantly large) vein surrounding the brain. However, this has nothing to do with anything neurological, nor do they think it will cause any future problems. So, the only explanation for Carson's "left sided" issues.. is coincidental!

However, the Neurologist had thought he had ordered an important blood test (CPK) that could give us a little more in site to a neurological problem caused by enzymes in the blood. So I have to take him to have that blood test done.. and then he should be in the clear!!!

6 comments:

Blogful said...

So good to hear!

erin and shaun said...

How frustrating Lizz! At least you know it's nothing serious but it would be nice to have an answer!

Cassie said...

Yay!!!! Were you going crazy?

Heather said...

OH my gosh! You are amazing!!!!

Zach and Sara said...

Wow Lizz, I'm so happy that your kiddo's are ok. It's too bad that Addie's hearing loss in permanent thus far! Hopefully everything checks out ok in her MRI! I love you!!

Caroline said...

I'm glad that they didn't find anything terrible, but I bet it's still frustrating to not have any solid definite answers. From my perspective, Carson has made great progress since physical therapy. He's happy and he's learning a lot. I swear his vocabulary grows 10 fold every time I see him.