Thursday, May 22, 2008

When it Rains.... it Pours!

At least that seems to be the case with little Carson! Yesterday we had a series of appointments up at Primary Children's. First we had to have his hips x-rayed. I guess it isn't normal to not be walking by 18 months! HAHA! I was anxious to learn the results of these x-rays because if it was hip dysplasia, more than likely he would need to be in a cast! They told me they couldn't give me the results because they had to send them to our Pediatrician. So then we walked up stairs to the Pediatric Ophthalmologist where he needed a simple "lazy eye" checked. Which by the way, has never looked lazy to me!! 2 hours and several painful eye drops later we left with a surgery scheduled and a beautiful new pair of glasses!.... which I must add are ADORABLE on him!! But how do you get an 18 month old to wear glasses you ask?..... Let me know when you find the answer!! As for the surgery, he needs to have his tear ducts probed (which actually is the same surgery Adalie had when she was a year old). Not too bad of a surgery, but a surgery none the less! I think Carson might possibly hate doctors!

On the upside, our Pediatrician called me to let me know his hips actually look good!! Which means it is probably muscular so he is starting physical therapy! Don't get me wrong, in general my kids are very healthy kids. I am grateful we haven't had to experience anything more traumatic than these few small surgeries which he will recover magnificently from! Thank goodness for my new job with great insurance!... and too bad I just started a new job and have had to take so many days off!! :-)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...poor lil kiddos...makes me sad that they have to go through all this stuff, but thank God everyone is happy and healthy for the most part. :) i'll keep all of you guys in my prayers...i could help your lil guy with the muscular part. hehe. love you guys!

Joy said...

Poor Carson! A little guy like that having to endure all the poking and prodding...it's not fair! I can't believe you posted this with no pictures of the glasses, though. That's really not cool. ;)

Kelie said...

just catching up on everything! I hope everything goes well with carson and his surgery and physical therapy! Hope he is now recovered from the last one! I would probably hate doctors if I was him, he he! Hang in there, you'll be in our prayers! And congrats to Scott and Caroline!! yay!

Rachael and Justin said...

Wow! It's definitely pooring for you guys! It's crazy how many things can go wrong. Good luck with everything!

missy d said...

Lizz, all I can say is that you are OPTIMISTIC SUPER MOM! I'm glad things are going to be okay!

Brooke said...

Um, I'm going to need to see a picture of him with those glasses on. Thanks.

How sad for him!!! Poor little guy. That's good there's nothing wrong with this hips though. I bet that kid is SICK of doctors!

I miss you!

Bean said...

you really need to post a pic of that little man in his new spectacles, I gotta see em! Glad to hear that it's not more serious!

Heather said...

OOH you poor thing! your poor babies! i am so sorry! i can't wait to see how darling he looks in those glasses though!
you are awesome mom! my heavens woman!!!

Danielle&Lincoln said...

O lizz, sorry to hear all that. But when you get a min we need to go to lunch. I miss you

Lindsay Wright said...

You are such a good mom Lizz! Carson will be so cute in physical therapy. And I LOVE when I see little kids with glasses. Its the most adorable thing ever!

Danielle said...

I can't believe all of that...crazy! Any eye advice call Kim she is an expert with her two little boys in glasses and Russell having to have lazy eye surgery when he was just a little guy. He does looks so cute in his little eye wear. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck with everything and it was fun chatting with you the other day. Was addie feeling better later?

Kim said...

Advice from an old pro... just keep putting them back on him. And it's totally worth springing for the flexon frames. They have a 2 year warrantee and are virtually unbreakable. They pay for themselves in the end. Which eye dr. did you see?