Tuesday, May 27, 2008

When it Rains.... it Pours CONTINUED!

So we have skipped passed when it rains it pours and gone right too when it Rains it pours, and then the temperature dramatically drops and everything freezes over!!!! Let me explain....

So, our new situation began Friday morning when Adalie woke up. She came into our room and laid in bed with us. When I had to get up to get in the shower, I was whispering for her to stay in bed with Daddy and to be quiet. She kept yelling back to me, "What?" and I kept saying it over and over until finally I was shouting it to her!

That continued all day! So Saturday, Tony and I did a few experiments with her and discovered if you talk to her in a "church voice" or softer, she can't hear you! Even talking right in her ear! At first we thought maybe it was selective hearing, but you could ask her if she wanted a bag of M&M's and she still would not respond. Every once in a while she will answer you right away when you talk softly to her, but I can't tell if it was because she was watching me and anticipating the question, or if the hearing comes and goes. I am praying that she has an ear infection and some fluid build up or something! The worse part about all of this is.... last week my mom and I watched a show on Lifetime (I know.. pathetic) that was about a mother and her son who both went deaf at the age of 3!!!! AHHHH! So I called our ENT today and they told me that he was out of town today, but that she needed to be seen first thing in the morning!! So I will take her in tomorrow and they will look at her ears and do a hearing test.

Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Joy said...

Please let us know ASAP what the ENT says. I have been thinking about this all weekend. SCARY!

Kimmmmmy said...

awwwww Lizz, I'm sorry you guys are going through so much right now. Everything will work out I'm sure.

Josh and Tracy Wilson said...

I wish you all the best, we love you! You better let me know how everything goes!

Unknown said...

cross our fingers that it's just an ear infection..you poor thing-you cannot catch a break! make sure to keep us posted! love ya!!

Heather said...

OH! MY GOSH! LIzz! i am so sorry! how awful! your poor little girl!!!