Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Adalie's Update

So I took Adalie to the ENT today to have her ears checked. Sure enough, she has a pretty bad ear infection in both ears. She also has a bit of fluid in both ears. That was a huge relief to me... until we had her hearing tested. Normally, kids with ear infections as bad as hers will test with a 5% hearing loss. Today Adalie tested a little over 20%. Therefore, he is not completely convinced that this is because of the ear infections. He put her on an anti-biotic and wants to have her hearing tested again next week once the infection has been taken care of. If it is the same and / or is not mostly better, we will continue to have her tested regularly. In the event the hearing gets worse we will look into different hearing aid options if necessary. I am going to try to remain positive and optimistic that this is all because of her ear infections and her hearing will be back to normal next week!! :D

Oh ya, she also has swollen tonsils, so we will check those again next week and if they aren't any better after the anti-biotic.. they are comin out!! So pull out your umbrella's people... cause this rain storm isn't over yet!

8 comments:

Cassie said...

Hey girl if you need anything let me know.

Heather said...

OH lizz! I am so sorry! how awful! Honestly, i hope the antibiotics does something for her... I am sure things will work out!

LOVE YOU!!!!

Brittany said...

Lizz make sure you keep breathing and don't forget to let others help if you need it! What a lot to handle all at once and of course you can handle it because you are amazing! Let me know what I can do if anything!!

Brooke said...

Holy crap Lizz!!! I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this. That sucks! You totally need a girl's night. Let me know if I can do anything for ya! Sorry about all this mess!

Kim said...

Wow, Liz. Let me know if there's anything I can do!

Zach and Sara said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear of your latest trials. I'm sure she just has a terrible ear infection that will heal up in no time. Let us know if we can help...lunch is a neccesity! P.S. Carson looks ADORABLE in his glasses!

Love you,
SARA

erin and shaun said...

Lizz!!!! What the crap is going on with your kids! I'm so sorry you're having all this stress right now. Please call me if you need anything. My nights are pretty free.

Josh and Tracy Wilson said...

Hi, so how are things? Are your babies doing any better? Give me a call and we can plan a time to finally go out :) Love ya, let me know if I can do anything for you.