Friday, June 27, 2008

The Kids

Adalie's Update: We went back to the ENT last week. Her hearing in the one hear looks like it has improved slightly.. which is great news! They did a different kind of testing this time, which might not be as accurate, but still?... However, her Eustachian tubes are malfunctioning???? and her eardrums are retracted???? and her tonsils look awful! So, they put her on an anti-biotic for her tonsils to see if that will help at all and she goes back next week to have the hearing checked one more time and discuss if she needs tubes (Yes, although she has only had 1 ear infection in her life, they are "malfunctioning"????) and also see if she needs her tonsils out.. so once again, you will be getting another update next week!

Carson's Update: We went to the Neurologist up at Primary's today... by the way, if any of you need a pediatric neurologist.... Dr. Filloux is fantastic! They did a physical evaluation and said that they do not think it was an intra-utero stroke... but possibly he threw a small blood clot?? Either way, he has made many dramatic improvements over the last few weeks, so no one is overly concerned. We are going to do an MRI in 2 1/2 weeks to see if and what damage was done. All I can say is.... THANK GOODNESS FOR GOOD INSURANCE! Haha! Happy Friday!!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow! I am glad that things are looking up with your son! I hope that it all works out. I refer back to my last blog post about how much we take good health for granted until things go wrong! I am glad you have good insurance and good doctors! You let me know if you need anything!

Josh and Tracy Wilson said...

YAY, I am glad to hear that your kids are okay.... but how are you doing???

Heather said...

I am soo glad your darling kids are doing better! thank heavens! and yes, that is what i was thinking... thank heavens if you have good insurance!

I hope YOU are doing good as well! LOVE YOU! keep us all posted!!!!

Tiff and Rand said...

Ok, so things are hopefully improving...we think. I'll keep your entire family in my prayers. I love you all so much and want you to call me if you ever need anything! Or want to vent! That works too, I mean really, I'm your hairstylist, might as well call me your psychologist too. That's what I do! Love you. Thanks for the updates. It's good to know what's going on.

Danielle said...

I think of you guys a lot and continue to hope and pray that things go well. I can't even imagine. It is like you have been thrown a curve ball since you started working. Test? You betcha...hang in there.